About Migrant help
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently looking for a HR Administrator to join our team on a Permanent Contract. The HR team are based in our Dover Head office and are currently working to a Hybrid working model, which allows for an significant element of home working.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work.
These are some of the benefits we offer:
• Flexibility and work life balance
• Enhanced family friendly provisions
• Additional holiday entitlements
• Perkbox benefits
• Non-contributory pension scheme
As the HR Administrator you will provide timely and accurate support to the HR team along with assisting employees and line managers with a variety of HR related queries to maintain a high level of HR customer service.
The post holder will generally work on tasks created from email requests from both internal and external sources, they will be supported with their development of knowledge by colleagues in the HR team on a varied range of HR functions.
Duties and responsibilities
• Processing of employee life cycle on HR systems, including new starters, probation reviews and leavers
• Participating and/or leading on HR related projects
• Responding to general queries via phone and email
• Assisting the HR Recruitment lead with advertising job vacancies
• Taking minutes during meetings
• Updating employee contract changes on the HR system
• Producing relevant letters and correspondence
• Producing HR reports to support both HR management and Senior Management team
• Supporting HR team members to manage high levels of workload when required
• Managing employee registrations with the OISC
• Conducting or updating employee records in regard to preemployment checks
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The applicant must:
• Be able to provide documents to show their right to work in the UK ie valid passport or other right to work documents such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration, naturalization as a British citizen, Biometric Residence Permit etc.
• Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment
We encourage applications from disabled people by offering them an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job
See our website for full person specification.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022