My client an end user site is growing organically and as part of this growth, they are currently recruiting for a Senior IT Support Engineer to join their team in the East Kent Office. They are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Senior IT Support Engineer who will play a key role in supporting their IT function that supports over 330 staff and 1000's of clients based across the UK.
Working closely with the IT Manager, you will support the ongoing management, monitoring and maintenance of all elements of their IT infrastructure, implement a variety of hardware and software solutions and be involved in on-going technical projects with a strong focus on emerging technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide a consistently high quality and professional customer service in all areas of IT.
* Maintaining and updating the organizations existing system documentation, procedures and user guides
* Monitoring and taking ownership of ticket queues in the call logging system for:
* Hardware including Servers, PC's, laptops, printers and mobile devices
* Software including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop OS, Server OS.
* Day-to-day running
* Investigation of issues
* Monitoring and updating the IT service desk system; prioritizing and following-up calls and ensuring that users are supported in a timely and effective manner.
* Ensuring effective performance, integrity and security of all IT Systems
* Coach team members and peers to reduce knowledge gaps where required
* Manage the Asset management process ensuring all IT equipment is tagged and recorded before being issued.
Create opportunities for the IT Apprentice to shadow the Senior Technician when responding to incidents outside the Apprentice scope of knowledge and supervise training and workload
Skills & Experience:
* Experience working and managing an IT managed service provider (Desirable)
* Experience in Key Technologies:
* Active Directory & Azure, DNS, DHCP and Exchange
* VMWare / Hyper-V
* SAN / NAS Storage
* Office 365
* Windows Server 2003 onwards
* Back up technologies
* Remote Working technologies
* Networking Technologies
This post is subject to a SC Security Clearance check therefore the applicant must:
* Hold a valid British passport
* Provide full UK address history for the last 5 years