Shepherd Neame are looking for an Engineering Electrical Support Manager to be based in Faversham at our Brewery and Support Office. In this role you will report to the Chief Engineer and be responsible for supervising the engineering team. You will need to be a strong project manager and have the ability to prioritise jobs and delegate effectively. This is a varied role that will include overseeing preventative maintenance, budget management, health and safety and supervision of contractors.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· University degree or minimum apprenticeship with HNC in electrical engineering and experience within a production environments.
· Strong electrical knowledge and multi-engineering skills including a good mechanical & Pneumatic knowledge
· Require significant depth of knowledge of fault finding, calibration, testing, investigation and programming in technical aspects such as PLC’s, HMI’s, various flow meters, detectors, control systems, and other measurement meters.
· PLC and Scada systems knowledge and experience.
· Previous experience in production / process engineering and industrial environment would be beneficial for this position.
· Experience implementing process improvements via control system modifications and in diagnosing and fixing complex process and control system faults.
· Experience of project engineering and delivery.
· Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
· Ideally Current Electrical Installation Regulations qualification and experience in electrical wiring to18th Edition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Electrical, Process control, instrumentation and some mechanical fault finding and modifications.
· Understanding and experience of PLC's and pneumatics.
· Electrical knowledge in packing machinery (Automated lines).
· Responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance with a large emphasis on fault finding, diagnostics, completion and development.
· Scheduling and ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out.
· Prioritising work/daily activities and delegating to the engineering team.
· To implement control system modifications from operational requests to improve process control or compliance.
· Ensuring contractors sign in and are issued permits to work etc.
· Communicating regularly and effectively with shift managers to ensure minimal disruption to production.
· Completion of root cause analysis and engineering reports.
· Compile and complete all chronic / sporadic loss investigation.
· Pro-actively contribute to sites safety program.
· Comply with both Health & Safety Food Safety regulations.
· Maintenance of inventory & stock control
· Purchasing, negotiating best rates and ensuring key spare parts are kept in stock whilst working within budgets.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
Has Sheps Spirit
· Take pride in collaborating with team members throughout their employee lifecycle.
· Have a “can-do” attitude, always looking for opportunities to grow.
· Meet the defined packaging quality standards and operational goals.
· Engage the team.
· A focus on Continuous Improvement.
Is great at Working Together
· Work alongside the team to deliver the agreed standards of performance.
· Develop yourself in your career journey.
· Share knowledge and skills to develop others.
· Help create an inclusive culture, motivate others and celebrate success.
Has Pride and Passion
· Truly embrace the values of Shepherd Neame and lead by example.
· Engage with colleagues and be a brand ambassador.
· Identify opportunities to exceed expectations and deliver business growth.
· Take responsibility for ensuring that we deliver our service and safety commitments for our brewery and team members at every opportunity.
· Build trust and demonstrate loyalty and honesty.
· Behave with due care and consideration for the health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and others, reporting hazards and maintaining safe systems of work.
Contributory Pension scheme
Share Incentive Plan
Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame Managed House pubs and hotels
A variety of fun company events
Access to a counselling service
Access to a Mental Wellbeing Platform
25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)