Location – Chatham
Salary – £35 - £65,000
My client is looking for a Mortgage Advisor/Broker in their Medway offices. Their team is focused on delivering financial planning services and having been stablished since 2008 they have taken the market by storm offering a bespoke financial advice in all areas. They combine the expertise of qualified Mortgage Advisers with Financial Planners to support all their clients.
They are independent and directly authorised by the FCA, meaning that they able to provide their clients with the whole of market advice and have complete control over how they run their business. They have a great working ethos and are totally supportive of their staff and enjoy a friendly and professional working atmosphere in their unique offices. They value their staff and know the happier they are, the better their work will be. They make sure that everyone feels supported, challenged and inspired.
Purpose of the Role:
They are looking for a Cemap qualified individual to build a strong mortgage bank and have the capacity and drive to help to support an existing mortgage bank on a permanent, employed basis.
To enable the correct candidate to be the best they can be most leads will be provided. They will be looking for a real go-getter and someone who will endeavour to build their business through referral and networking.
The role holder will be responsible for providing accurate, professional, and sound mortgage and protection advice to both new and existing customers. They will be expected to work with the management of the company in order to reach sales and service targets set down by the Managing Director as part of a team of advisers. A client focused approach is required.
As an approved person you must accept responsibility and demonstrate an understanding for the regulatory aspects and framework of the FCA controlled function that you perform, and ensure you meet and abide by the rules of the FCA’s fit and proper test, and comply with the FCA’s Statements of Principle and the Code of Practice. Additionally, you must ensure your compliance with all internal policies, procedures and standards.
The role holder will be expected to conduct client meetings face to face where possible but also via videocall when more suitable.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Make your clients confident and excited to join a flexible, client centric organisation with their long-term needs and requirements.
To act as the client’s principal mortgage and protection adviser providing support and education on all financial matters, providing the necessary advice, guidance and reassurance to them in achieving their longer term financial goals - Work with other professionals, ensuring the clients plans are implemented efficiently and effectively
Build your own mortgage bank through a variety of business development techniques.
Utilize your current network, client base and acquisition experience to generate ‘NTB’ clients, which you will in turn be directly rewarded through the competitive performance-based bonus structure.
Achieve all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) measured via a Balanced Business Scorecard (BBS).
Work closely with a team of para-planners and administrators ensuring all recommendations, client records and MI is maintained and up to date.
Skills & Knowledge Required
• A minimum of 2 years previous experience working as a mortgage Advisor is required
• Cemap qualification is required
• Excellent technical knowledge of protection, and mortgage market.
• Proven experience of building strong customer relationships over the phone/ via videocall and in person
• Experience using the “Intelligent Office” CRM system in financial services is desirable but not essential
• Will have great IT skills and willingness to embrace technology.
• Will need to be resourceful and have a 'can-do' attitude.
• The willingness to learn new skills and be open-minded to change.
• The ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines
• The most Important attribute is the ability to put Clients at the centre of everything you do.
• Quality-focused with a Customer First approach
• Ability to work to deadlines and targets
• Excellent attention to detail