We are currently working alongside a busy company in rural Folkestone who are seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team to cover a long period of sickness.
You will be assisting the Financial Accountant to reconcile balance sheet accounts, maintain integrity of sales data and debtors ledgers, and assist other finance functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the Management Accountant) as and when required.
• Daily reconciliation of payment processing platforms, working closely with the Reconciliation Accountant
• Daily import of sales data to accounting software from proprietary sales system
• Preparation of the Weekly Sales Report for review by the Financial Accountant
• Monthly reconciliations of debtors ledger, bank accounts and other takings accounts (cash, card)
• Assisting with production of management accounts by maintaining schedules for the likes of fixed assets and hire purchase liabilities, as well as variance analysis of the income statement
• As required, assisting the credit control team with debt collection and maintaining customer accounts
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis
• Suggesting and actioning improvement to current processes when recognised
• Consistently demonstrating and adhering to the brand values always
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
• Previous experience in management accounting role, analysing data and maintaining tight control of reconciliations
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (manipulation and analysis of data, Pivot Tables and lookups, at a minimum) and other Office applications
• Ability to efficiently perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks, independently and manage and prioritise own workload
• Ability to analyse volumes of data and present in a user-friendly manner, appropriate to the user and the purpose
• Experience of Sage 200 or similar accounting software package
• Good interpersonal skills and open, honest communicator
• Ability to work under pressure
• The ability to deliver high quality, reliable work to tight deadlines
• The ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail.
• Motivated and organised.
• Team worker but also happy to work unsupervised.
This role is being offered on a long term agency basis and requires someone to commence immediately.