My client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their growing technology team. The ideal candidate will be excited about building the tools and environments necessary for maximum productivity, increasing the velocity and efficiency of a deployment pipeline with clean and easy code deployments through production. Most importantly, the right individual will be highly motivated, with a positive attitude and a passion for efficient, solution-oriented technical work in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing
* Functioning as a DevOps Engineer building cloud infrastructure.
* Creating and maintaining developer and production environments.
* Identify improvements to system scalability and stability.
* Implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
* Rapid deployment, automation, monitoring and troubleshooting around the cloud hosted environment.
* Develop and maintain tooling to assist with things like integration tests, performance tooling, building production and staging environments, CI systems, source control etc.
* Work in a small team of smart engineers who are focused on continual improvement of skills and learning new things.
* Automate repetitive tasks in the department's workflow.
* Create and build out the service delivery tool set and document it along.
* Periodic on-call support duties.
* Use current and cutting-edge technologies while testing bleeding-edge technologies for future use.
What you need
* Minimum of 3 years of overall experience.
* Experience with building and managing AWS / Azure environments.
* Knowledge of or experience with configuring / administrating OSs (Windows and Linux), databases (SQL Server and Oracle), networks, Citrix, IIS, DFS and Active Directory.
* Experience with development in two or more languages (PowerShell, SQL, Bash)
* Experience with system automation and deployment tools (CloudFormations, Packer)
* Experience with monitoring technologies (SolarWinds, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Oracle Enterprise Manager)
* Familiarity with tools for systems management, operational support, and performance monitoring (AWS Tools such as CloudWatch, CloudFormations, Lambda etc.)
* Working knowledge of continuous integration and delivery (Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, etc.)
* Experience with revision control source code repositories and branching technologies.
* The ability to work with cross-functional and cross-geography teams to reach software release goals.
* Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication, with a collaborative attitude toward working with internal and external (e.g. vendors, partners and regulatory entities) team members.
* Experience troubleshooting and resolving application and system-related issues.
* Experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
* Proven track record of taking project ownership and on-time completion with little oversight.
* Self-starter, collaborative team player, and desire to mentor other members of the team.