We are recruiting to a new role of Caretaker & Cleaner. The successful applicant will join a small, friendly team that strive to provide the highest standard of service and support to residents living independently within the almshouse community. We are based in the centre of Maidstone and offer a competitive salary, five weeks annual leave (plus bank holiday entitlement), a contributory pension scheme and access to training.
As the Caretaker & Cleaner, you’ll be responsible for ensuring high cleaning standards and a safe, pleasing environment for our residents under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
To fulfil the role, you will need:
• to take pride in the work you do and be committed to maintaining high standards
• a flexible, 'can do' attitude
• ability to work independently and as part of a team
• an understanding of the issues that affect older people
• to maintain boundaries of confidentiality and professionalism
• to be committed to learning and continuous improvement
The Caretaker & Cleaner will work 20 hours per week (hours to be agreed between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday).
This is a position of trust and so the post is subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for applications is 10am Friday 10 December 2021 with interviews likely to take place on Friday 17 December 2021.
If you would like to join our team then please tell us why you would be good for the role.
For further details contact Liz Abi-Aad (Clerk & Chief Officer) on 01622 765612.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES!