Position: Maintenance Engineer (Security)
Location: London & South East
Salary: Basic up to £30,000 + overtime + company benefits
For over a quarter of a century this industry leading safety and security systems company, has been servicing homes and businesses throughout London and the South East.
With a long standing client base who are the called upon specialists, with a solid future order book, and who strive for excellence in everything they do.
As a Maintenance Engineer (Security) you will provide an essential service for servicing and maintaining, intruder alarms, CCTV and access control systems This also includes installation and routine equipment maintenance in accordance with the current standards, troubleshoot issues and make on site repairs where needed.
By joining this dedicated team you will be responsible for the following:
• Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV and access control systems.
• Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault finding targets.
• Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
• Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
• Commission/ Handover of GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems
• Be part of an On Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support.
• Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
• Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
The bit about you:
With a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within the industry, which must include ‘intruder systems’. In addition but not essential a knowledge of, 2 of following will be desirable - Fire, Access or CCTV systems, and knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage too
Therefore you must also be able to demonstrate:
• Good communication skills
• Good fault finding skills first time fix
• A proven background and experience of working within fire systems/products and engineering
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of various intruder panels, eg galaxy, menvier & scantronic.
• Network/IP based product experience
• Experience of undertaking service, repair work
• Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
• Full understanding to BS7858 is essential
• Full clean UK driving licence
In addition you will be rewarded with:
• A competitive salary and company benefits
• Industry leading training and development
Please note : Successful candidates will be subject to DBS checking and employment screening
To register your interest, and to obtain more information please apply via the link below