Product Manager EU
Less than 2 years ago Agora Models was a start-up idea with no sales. Today it is a multi-million-dollar company with sales in over 40 countries. We are now the world leader in Big-Scale Modelling. Our head office is in Canterbury, and we also have an office in North Carolina for our new US subsidiary.
To help with our aggressive growth plan we are looking for someone who enjoys making models to join our team to manage and spearhead our growth within the EU, particularly Germany, France, Holland and Belgium. The role is marketing and content focused but we are a small company so… lend a hand!
This role can expand and develop significantly if the candidate can expand our EU business.
We are looking for someone who can be flexible and adapt to the ever changing needs of a very new and dynamic company. We outsource a lot of our work but the main product development and marketing is in-house, so the main team is small, meaning that everyone needs to get stuck in with anything and everything.
However, there are some fundamental things we need the Product Manager to do:
Create Social media campaigns in French and German.
You will translate existing English language posts and ads, but also create new posts and ads based upon your own ideas.
Manage the translation of model-building instructions.
Each model has instructions in English which are translated by an agency. You will need to liaise with the agency and then proof-read their work and make any corrections to the Indesign file.
Manage our network of influencers.
Manage advertising campaigns in the EU.
Recommend and attend model shows in Europe.
Assist in shooting videos of our products.
Write blogs for our website in French/German.
Communicate with customers in France & Germany via newsletters and social media.
Work with the operations team to ensure the smooth-running of our operations in the EU.
Work with our warehouse on the Austrian/Swiss border to service EU customers.
All sorts of other odd stuff, like posting things out to customers and coming up with ideas.
The ideal candidate:
- You must like making scale models.
- You must be fluent in French and German. This role involves extensive communication with German and French influencers and customers, as well as producing marketing materials in French and German.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of French and German cultures.
- You must be adaptable to the changing needs of the company.
- You must be able to join in with products and business ideas for the future.
- A working Knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Be keen to assist in all the roles of the company.
- Have knowledge of various social media advertising platforms such as Facebook Business Manager
We are looking for someone who loves scale models and is fluent in French and German. You need an ‘eye’ for marketing, but full training will be given in social media and advertising.