Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Accounts Assistant looking to progress their career in a fast-growth property management business with a vibrant culture.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to support the Finance team in managing daily accounting tasks. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help ensure clarity over the company’s financial position at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone at an early stage in their accounting career to gain broad experience, grow and progress with the company. Study support will be provided to encourage you to develop and obtain recognised professional accounting qualifications.
• Update financial data in spreadsheets/databases to ensure information is accurate
• Prepare and submit daily/weekly/monthly reports
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Process supplier invoices and payments, reconcile statements and resolve queries
• Prepare and process journals in a timely manner
• Deal with daily post and queries
• Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
• Assist with reviewing and payment of expenses
• Assist in the preparation of monthend/yearend reporting
• Assist with other accounting tasks and projects
• Fit into start up, 'can do' culture
• Ambitious and keen to develop and grow with the company
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Minimum 12 months experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role
• Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and familiarity with accounting software (ideally Sage)
• Experience of working for a fast-growth SME business
• Organised and self-motivated, with ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
• Great attention to detail
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• Qualifications (AAT) is a plus but not required