We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, sales-driven team player to join our fast-paced, highly motivated Travel Team. As a Travel Expert, you’ll be dedicated to putting the customer at heart of what we do.
About James Villa Holidays
As part of Europe’s largest managed Vacation Rental Company Awaze, we are the leading UK beach villa specialist. We enjoy thriving in a strong growth industry boasting sizable customer demand growth as well as fierce competition from local and global competitors
We started off as one person – James Needham, who grew his passion for properties from his spare room 30 years ago into the UK market leader. Along our journey we realized that not everything that worked in the past will allow us to compete successfully today. As a result we have been on an ambitious transformational journey upgrading our technology and processes. Our team spirit is one of hunger and ambition and we are eager to continue to improve what we do to serve our customers.
With a natural flair for striking up meaningful conversations, you’ll be passionate about finding every customer their ideal holiday. You’ll thrive on offering exceptional customer service, making each customer feel special whilst at the same time, focussing on your individual sales target. We understand that not every script fits every person, which is why we’ll encourage you to be yourself and use your skills and personality to inspire and excite customers, setting them on the road to an amazing James Villa Holidays experience.
What you’ll be doing
Your key responsibilities will be to convert sales enquiries into bookings, ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the whole booking process. As well as working with incoming calls, you’ll be following up on enquiries made via multiple channels, including web enquiries and chat, making outbound and scheduled calls. You’ll work closely with the Customer Support team to ensure quality and service remain at the highest level.
As well as providing exceptional customer service to our direct bookings, you’ll create relationships with our trade partners, ensuring a consistent level of service, regardless of where the enquiry came from. You’ll work towards monthly sales revenue targets, as well as other KPIs such as conversion rates, call times, villa extras & ancillaries.
Key skills we need
We’re a team full of energy and with a passion for what we do, so it’s key that you’re enthusiastic, driven and keen to be part of a team. What else do you need in order to succeed in this role?
- A true passion for customer service and an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the customer-facing areas of a Travel Provider (Operations, Overseas, Call Centre, Customer Service etc.) would be of benefit.
- Evidence of strong customer focus and experience in managing customer’s expectations
- The ability to remain focused in a high pressured, sometimes challenging, environment.
- You’re highly flexible and motivated, showing initiative, and ability to manage a busy workload within tight deadlines.
- You’re a clear communicator who has strong working relationships with team members at all levels of the business. You’re passionate
- Ideally, you’ll have had some experience of working within leisure/travel
Equally as important as all the technical “stuff”, we’re looking for someone who is hungry to learn, irrespective of their seniority. We don’t believe in standing still (we work in travel, after all), but instead think that everyone should be learning, all the time. Whether it’s a new analytical tool, an industry event or a mentoring opportunity, we will support you to grow your skillset.
If you’re excited by working in a fast paced environment, are obsessed by all things customer and want to join us on our journey, we’d love to chat.
What we’ll give you
You’ll be joining a team of genuine, passionate people. We offer a great salary and fantastic benefits; we’re all about holidays, so we practise what we preach and offer some great travel discounts.
· Live your passion. We are in the business of travel and hospitality and we love it. At Awaze you’ll be able to help create memories of a lifetime for our owners and guests. And for yourself as well!
· We are market leaders. We are proud to be the leading managed vacation rental player in Europe. We operate well-known brands with a strong heritage in over twenty countries and have more than 100,000 holiday accommodation choices.
· We have something for everyone, and everyone has a part to play. Whether you care deeply about service, are interested in business development or want to be at the cutting edge of machine learning, our business covers a range of functions that will keep you challenged and help you grow. We work together as a passionate team to provide an excellent guest and owner experience.
· You can make a difference. Our industry is changing rapidly and the future is all to play for. Being part of AVR means being an integral part of evolving and improving the world of vacation rental.
· We care about the guests, owners and team members that work with us. We are an inclusive organisation that embraces diversity. We are flexible and agile. We are committed to providing a collaborative and inclusive workplace where you can realise your full potential.
· We offer a great range of benefits
What else do you need to know?
We want to make the application process as stress-free as possible, so typically we’ll have an informal chat with you on the phone, followed by a comprehensive interview over Teams, where you’ll have a chance to find out a bit more about the exciting things we’re doing.
We believe in equal opportunities and aim to create a team that is representative of our society, knowing that embracing differences enhances the capabilities of our business and makes for a happy place to work.
We are proud to recognise and celebrate that we have a diverse culture where employees are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.