Agency bank worker shifts in North Kent - Secure the shifts that work around you
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a local CQC registered supported living provider for Kent County Council that specialise in supporting those with Learning Difficulties and Autism and provide 24-hour support. They are committed to enhancing the quality of life for the people whose behaviour is considered challenging by the wider society. Hays will be supporting this organisation is helping cover their shifts that become available due to annual leave, sickness etc.
Your new role
You will support service users to develop a range of life skills by encouraging them to actively participate in their homes and its structured programme of activities. Each service user is encouraged to participate as fully as possible to identify their needs and design their own care plans. Each service user has a unique independent living plan, allowing them to carefully monitor progress and implement change as needed. They offer a 24-7 care service to their service users so you will be required to work as part of a shift rota and must have flexible availability across the week.
You will support the service users with the following
* Budgeting money
* Good personal hygiene
* Opportunities to voice their opinions and make individual choices
We are currently looking for people who have good availability across daytime hours.
What you'll need to succeed
* A minimum of 1+ years experience within a similar care setting in the last 2 years
* Hoist Trained
* Experience with providing support and care to adults with learning disabilities, mental health.
* Availability to be flexible for shifts across the day both AM and PM
* Experience in dealing with individuals with challenging behaviour.
* NVQ Level 3 is desirable and will pay at the higher hourly rate.
* The sensitivity required to provide a trusting and stimulating environment along with being passionate about supporting people.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
* A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
* You will be positive and willing to create and follow a personalised service to every individual that you support.
* Be available to support in whatever capacity is required by an individual to nurture their path to independence.
* All staff are employed in line with equal opportunities guidelines and are subject to rigorous recruitment checks.
What you'll get in return
* Day shift rota
* Overtime available - days and nights
* Excellent training and development programme
* Competitive hourly rate
* Access to all Hays Social Care Kent clients
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.