Venrec are pleased to be recruiting for our client for a Senior Accountant to join our clients established firm of Chartered Accountants based in Maidstone, Kent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established practice where you will have the ability to develop and progress. Our client also takes a hands on approach to clients so there will be an opportunity to develop client management skills and to deal with clients from a variety of different industries/sectors.
The duties of the role will include:
- Preparing corporation and personal tax returns
- Preparing year end accounts
- Preparing VAT returns
- Planning work and meeting deadlines
- Assisting with the training of junior members of staff, including reviewing work
- Dealing with client queries
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Part qualified or qualified ACA or ACCA
- At least 5 years recent practice experience
- Experience using QuickBooks, Sage and Xero would be beneficial
- Experience using Iris practice software would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
The salary for this role is up to £38,000 depending on experience