Avante Care & Support is a Registered Charity supporting over 1000 older people through our registered nursing and dementia care homes and home care services. We are proud to be a well-established not for profit organisation, with an experienced and skilled workforce. We are committed to making a positive difference to both individuals and their loved ones through individualised support and guidance.
We are currently seeking a Quality Improvement Practitioner to take responsibility for leading specific service and practice improvement work streams within the services, as identified by the Quality Improvement Programme (QIP).
Whilst the role will be based at Head office in Faversham, the job-holder will be required to travel to services located throughout Kent, Medway and South East London.
This is a full-time position which will normally involve working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Main responsibilities and duties:
1. To work across services and departments with operational colleagues to deliver Avante’s business objectives focusing on quality improvement.
2. To promote the delivery of person centred care throughout Avante care homes and home care and support services.
3. To support operational staff to build and develop their knowledge and skills to deliver person centred care, through identified projects.
4. To provide focussed continuing practice development to staff caring for residents and clients and their families, enabling them to deliver care in line with people’s individual preferences.
5. To ensure project outcomes meet the required standards set by CQC and other additional quality standards.
6. To provide direct coaching and support in the workplace to care staff (in agreement with the Registered Manager) in areas of care improvement identified within the QIP.
7. To help Care Homes and Home Care Services develop and maintain a workplace learning culture that encourages care staff to examine, develop and improve their own practice.
8. To promote care effectiveness through promotion of evidence-based practice.
9. To deliver education and care skills coaching in a variety of locations in liaison with the Training, Operations and the Quality Teams.
10. To be innovative in developing and delivering education in care practice.
11. Contribute to the development of new training materials and ongoing review of existing resources and policies to ensure they meet the required learning and improvement outcomes.
12. To participate in practice observing where training needs are identified, working alongside the Training Manager on the development of training programmes.
13. Participate in quality audits and work with Quality Standards Auditor on the plans for achieving improvements in quality.
14. Prioritise the delivery of workload in accordance with priorities.
15. Support service managers to negotiate and implement learning agreements with individuals.
16. Source, recommend and access training/education and learning materials for use in the workplace and assist care staff and managers to develop workplace learning materials for example, link staff for various subjects and resource folders for various subjects.
17. To be responsible for own professional development.
18. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
19. Promote the Avante’s Equal Opportunities Policy statement, ensuring an awareness of differing ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
20. Comply with the Health and Safety and fire regulations
Essential Experience and Skills
• Have a proven track record of liaising and working with community professionals to ensure best possible outcomes for residents/clients.
• Proven track record in care/health in a supervisory role.
• A knowledge of the Care Standards Act 2014 and the KLOE framework.
• Excellent communicator, with experience of working across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Committed, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work in a team and on own initiative.
• Understand the needs of vulnerable clients living in the community.
• Evidence of maintaining own knowledge and skills.
• Experience in developing care staff and service improvement and have confidence in encouraging improvement and developing staff skills.
• Ability to challenge constructively.
• Ability to produce evidence and deliver evidence-based learning.
• Ability to establish and sustain positive and constructive working relationships.
• Ability to work as an effective team member who draws on colleagues for information, ideas, resources and support.
• Ability to set own plans and priorities and manage time in order to meet agreed targets and timescales.
• Experienced in coaching/mentoring staff in a care setting.
• Ability to participate in and evaluate audit data.
• Be IT literate.
• Display a ‘can do’ quality improvement approach.
• Able to deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
• Car owner/driver with current clean licence and have use of own transport in order to fulfil requirements of role.
• Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements of the post.
• Have a recognised training qualification in health or social care for example, Life-long learning or willing to work towards this, or higher qualification in an appropriate course of study with a minimum 2 years’ experience of working in health/care.
• Experience as a Care Manager in a social care setting.
• Knowledge and experience of delivering learning through a variety of methods.
• Knowledge of quality methodologies including CQC requirements.
• Awareness of current issues in social care.
• Awareness of risk management.
For more information about the role, please phone 01795 597400 and ask to speak with Jacqui Morris, Quality Director.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV by clicking the apply button below.
Closing date 15th October 2021
All appointments are subject to a DBS check, the completion of a health declaration and the collation of references, which Avante find acceptable.
Due the nature of our work, it is a fundamental condition of any offer of employment and your continued employment that you are vaccinated against COVID, unless you are unable to comply on medical grounds. Evidence of vaccinations will be requested. Individuals are required to be fully vaccinated by 11 November 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from ethnic minority groups and if you meet the criteria for the role, you will be offered an interview.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.