This is an exciting opportunity to use and hone your communications and digital skills across a variety of media within a small national charity with a reputation for excellence. The CBF has secured funding from the National Lottery Community Fund for a 3-year project and we are looking for a new Communications Officer to continue to take this work forward. (Contract to end of February 2023 with potential to extend)
This is a key role within a small and committed team. It will provide you with an opportunity to develop your existing skills and to gain a broad variety of communications experience.
• Do you want to make a difference to the lives of families caring for sons/daughters with severe learning disabilities?
• Do you have the ability to present information in ways that are engaging and relevant?
• Can you work within a small team to implement a communication strategy?
With support from Trustees and the friendly CBF staff team, you will lead on the implementation of the CBF’s communication strategy across a wide range of media including press, web, digital and social media, newsletters, e-newsletters and more. Your excellent copy writing skills, coupled with your passion for equality and human rights, will enable us to amplify our message and reach many more families who need our support. You’ll be adept at spotting a story opportunity and at using your experience to get our message across to wide range of audiences across multiple platforms. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
• Closing date: 9am Monday 11th October 2021
• Interview dates: Friday 15th October 2021 (interview in our office in Chatham, with task)
• Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please visit our website to download an application pack