Vacancy : Assembly Operative
Location – Marden, Kent, TN12 9QJ
Due to a further increase in business, an exciting opportunity for individuals to experience working within the Burtons Group of Companies has arisen and we are looking to expand the team. Burtons has been established for 40 years and is the leading company in manufacturing and supplying veterinary equipment in the UK. The successful individual will report direct to the Assembly Supervisor
Working in our purpose-built assembly workshop, helping to put together components produced on site to make a wide range of products mainly for veterinary use, such as anaesthesia machines, operating tables and autoclaves. Some repetitive tasks but generally a wide range of different products to assemble with lots of variety. Reporting direct to the Assembly Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Use tools to make or repair parts and products.
· Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, or other verbal or written instructions.
· Work with other members of the team in order to assemble products.
· Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
· Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
· Identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
· Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise
Qualifications & Skills:
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent hand-eye coordination.
· Good basic assembly skills and mechanical aptitude
· Experience of electrical assemblies would be an advantage
· Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
· Ability to use hand tools competently
· Ability to understand and follow assembly drawings
· Full training on the job will be given
Pay & Benefits:
· Salary dependent upon experience
· Full time contract, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
· Discretionary bonus scheme
· Countryside-based workshop within walking distance of mainline train station
· Excellent opportunities to train and progress
· 33 holiday days per year (inc. Bank Holidays)
· Contributory pension scheme
· On-site car parking
· Staff events, such as the Big Summer Party and Awards Scheme