Who we are
Vanquis helps people who are excluded by mainstream banks take control of their financial situation. Whether they’re new to credit or need a hand rebuilding their credit file to manage life better, we make sure our services are straightforward and suitable for them to succeed.
We’re here to put people on a path to a better everyday life, not just our 1.7 million customers but our colleagues too, and we’re proud of the difference we make.
You and your team
We understand that from time to time our Customers find themselves in situations where they might not be able to keep up with their regular payments to us. What’s most important to us at those times that we can have an open conversation with our Customers to find out exactly what’s happened and what we can do to help.
That’s where you come in. As a Customer Account Agent your number one job is to support our customers, have great conversations with them to make sure you’ve fully understood their situation and then be able to talk them through the range of tools we have in place to help them continue to manage their account.
Working as part of our energetic and focussed Collections team you’ll have a great support network to ensure you can build successful relationships with our customers, as well as being successful in your role.
In your day to day role you will:
• Take inbound and make outbound calls to customers who have missed payments on their Vanquis Credit Card
• Identify and discuss solutions with our customers to help them get back on track
• Build rapport with customers quickly to ensure you can give them the best possible service
• Meet defined individual and team targets to ensure business objectives are met
• Record accurate customer information on the bespoke database
• Ensure confidentiality of information in line with GDPR and adherence to all regulatory requirements
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering a tailored customer service approach to help provide our customers with the best possible outcome for their circumstances.
We don’t ask for experience in financial services, or even experience of working in a contact centre, as we have an extensive training programme here at Vanquis which will teach you everything you need to know.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and attributes:
• A proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
• Be able to adapt your communication approach to meet customers’ requirements, being empathetic to difficult situations our customers may face
• Ability to problem solve for customers, finding the best solution for their circumstances, coming up with your own ideas to continue to support our customers
• Maintain a high quality of service when speaking to a high volume of customers whilst being decision driven
• An excellent attention to detail, with accurate data entry skills.
The start date for this role is Monday 28th June, to apply you must be available to start on this date and commit to 4 weeks of full time training (Mon to Fri 9.00 am to 5.30pm).
Initially working remotely (from home) you’ll also need to be able to work a range of shifts between the hours of 8.00 am and 8.00 pm Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Saturday.
Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn’t for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn’t be the successful business that we are today. So we offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Competitive holiday entitlement – with one day accrued for each year of service (to max 30 days) plus Bank Holidays
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- A range of initiatives offered through our Sports & Social and Social Impact Programmes
- Perks at Work - A perks platform offering over 30,000 unique discounts
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised on-site restaurants
Find out more
Check out our social media channels find out more about everyday life at Vanquis – and don’t forget to follow us while you’re there!
LinkedIn: Vanquis Bank
Facebook: Vanquis Careers
Glassdoor: Vanquis Bank