Purpose of job: To assist the (Transforming Lives) Service Manager and other Managers and volunteer domestic abuse/helpline advisers in providing a comprehensive and confidential administrative service for DAVSS.
1. To oversee the office email inbox; prioritising, actioning and disseminating as directed by the D.A. Service Manager or other managers.
2. To process all incoming Transforming Lives project referrals and information in accordance with the project objectives.
3. To maintain accurate and up-to-date client records (both computer and paper records).
4. To ensure processes and procedures are in place to capture and retain all necessary data to meet the monitoring and reporting requirements associated with the Transforming Lives Project.
5. To provide administrative support to set up and run peer support groups for survivors, including an online virtual support group and any courses or planned assistance for survivors.
6. Provide administrative support to the independent consultant evaluating the Transforming lives Project, as requested by the Transforming Lives Service Manager and DAVSS Operations Manager.
7. To provide assistance in the efficient processing of a variety of tasks necessary for the smooth day-to-day functioning of the Transforming Lives Project
8. Any other admin tasks requested by the D.A Service Manager including admin support to volunteers and staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
1. Good working knowledge of office IT and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
2. Previous experience in an administrative role.
3. Excellent organisational and general office administration skills.
4. Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
5. The ability to work well with others (both inside and outside the organisation) to deliver agreed outcomes.
6. The ability to work with minimal supervision and to use one’s initiative.
7. Good time management skills, delivering outcomes within defined timescales.
8. Office management qualification.
9. Experience of supporting governance process and providing information for monitoring reports.
10. Experience of reviewing and updating working procedures.
11. The ability to take and produce accurate meeting minutes.
12. Previous experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
13. An understanding of the complex nature of domestic abuse and the support available to victims.
14. Experience of working in the charity sector.
1. Conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
2. Self-motivated and pro-active.
3. Team worker.
5. An understanding of and commitment to the need for total confidentiality surrounding client work.
6. Integrity, honesty and a high level of respect towards others including clients, staff, volunteers, external agencies and partners.
7. Enthusiasm and commitment to DAVSS’ cause and goals.
8. Compassionate and empathetic towards those affected by domestic abuse.