• To always ensure the smooth and effective running of the office
• To be the first point of contact for all office communications (internal and external) and ensure a friendly, prompt response always
• To maintain and continuously review internal systems that prioritize high quality client centered services for victims of domestic abuse.
• Assist Volunteers and Managers with any administrative/IT/systems queries.
• To assist with the gathering of statistics for monitoring reports
• To oversee the office email inboxes and the secure CJSM email inbox; prioritising, actioning and disseminating emails as required.
• To promptly process all new referrals received via email, Helpline calls and the website referral service on to DAVSS’ database.
• To promptly process client cases once approved for closure and file/archive as appropriate.
• To maintain and update client records with any information received via email, phone, post etc. and to inform the client’s caseworker of these updates.
• To liaise with outside agencies and to share information in line with DAVSS’ policies.
• To answer the office admin telephone and deal with enquiries.
• To book appointments and prepare paperwork for the monthly pro-bono solicitor clinic.
• To source venues and book and organize DAVSS internal meetings.
• To undertake general office admin tasks as required such as photocopying, printing, scanning.
• To assist the MARAC manager in ensuring all paperwork is prepared for the monthly MARAC.
• To assist the CEO’s PA when necessary, with the recruitment of new volunteers - creating personnel files, arranging interviews, requesting DBS checks and references etc.
• To assist with any other administrative task as required by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Excellent working knowledge of office IT and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
• Excellent organisational and general office administration skills.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and multiple reporting priorities in order to deliver agreed outcomes.
• Experience of maintaining and updating multiple databases and casework management systems for the purposes of record keeping, reporting and measuring impact
• Experience of taking the lead on continuously improving systems to maximise efficiency
• Office management qualification.
• The ability to take and produce accurate meeting minutes.
• Previous experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
• An understanding of the complex nature of domestic abuse and the support available to victims.
• Experience of working in the charity sector.
• Conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
• Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Team worker.
• An understanding of and commitment to the need for total confidentiality surrounding client work.
• Integrity, honesty and a high level of respect towards others including clients, staff, volunteers, external agencies and partners.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to DAVSS’ cause and goals.
• Compassionate and empathetic towards those affected by domestic abuse.
• Strong commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.