Working for the UK's leading provider of educational and office supplies you will be joining at a time of exciting growth within the business.
One of the benefits of working for this organisation is security as they have adapted during the pandemic into other markets such as PPE and have been extremely successful over the last year. They are part of a larger and extremely profitable group who are putting in modern plans for continuing a mix of home-working and office hot desking.
With strategies for significant growth, they need an experienced Finance Business Partner to join their expanding team.
This role will be responsible for all finance matters relating to the division as a member of the Divisional SMT. this role is at the fore front of the business providing a firm foundation for all aspects of financial reporting and commercial analysis enabling the business to make informed judgements to facilitate profitable growth. For the next 2 years you will be tackling a dynamic agenda across a range of business activities, supporting rapid growth, optimising performance and tackling inefficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Providing timely and accurate information including management reports, business analysis, budgeting, forecasting, 3 year business planning and balance sheet reconciliation.
* Reporting packs including variance analysis, bridge analysis, written commentary, risks and opportunities sensitivities, KPIs, dashboards.
* Track margin variations and trends, analyse, assess and make proposals to improve business performance.
* Develop a detailed analysis of KPIs that will help business leaders to monitor and control performance in their area.
* Improve efficiencies and productivity by focusing on the utilisation of resources across the business.
* Look for new insights, opportunities and risks surrounding commercial models and proactively support business leaders.
* Investment analysis and commercial evaluations for new and existing projects, using NPV, ROCE and payback calculations.
* Process controls, policies and procedures to maintain the integrity of the financial data.
* Manage working capital including A/R, Stock, A/P, optimising cash flow performance.
* Support key commercial tenders working with key accounts team and providing prudent pricing tools.
* Review, support and challenge annual pricing reviews. Provide impact analysis, sensitivities and options.
* Provide leadership for a small team of finance specialists including support, guidance, training and development and general staff management responsibilities to optimise the performance of the team.
Key qualities for the role include:
* Qualified professional with significant experience in a large company environment, responsible for all aspects of management reporting.
* Commercial focus, capable of identifying the key risks and opportunities that impact the performance of a business.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to hit the ground running with immediate impact. A self-starter, proactive and results driven, prepared to be hands on.
* Strong systems skills and the ability to streamline and automate processes.
* Analytical, familiar with data analysis, benchmarking, cost benefit analysis, modelling.
* Strong communication skills. Able to present information and analysis in a clear concise manner, with constructive and meaningful evidence to support change.
This role comes with excellent benefits including a 37 hour week, 25 days holiday, above average pension scheme, life insurance, social events & staff reward schemes
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.