CARE HOME DEPUTY MANAGER
37.5 hours per week
• Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
• 20 days holiday + bank holidays
• Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• Dedicated learning & development programmes.
• We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
• We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
• Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
• DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
• Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
• Stakeholder Pension
• Share Save Scheme
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual Employee Awards Evening
• Employee recognition schemes
• Carer progression within the company.
• CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. To help them achieve this you will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main duties and responsibilities:
This position will have the responsibility of working with the manager in offering a professional, flexible service.
To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can
To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support
To offer regular supervision to all staff
To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
Whiston House is a care home which provides care and support for up to 11 people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health issues. This Service is situated close to local shops, has lots of on site parking and easy access to public transport.
Diploma in Health and Social Care NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work towards one.
Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The ability to keep calm under pressure.
The confidence to work alone or as part of a team.
Excellent communication skills
The passion to work with vulnerable adults
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES