Join a fantastic support organisation in their short break residential facility near Harrietsham
Support Worker - Residential
Permanent - up to 40 hours - varied shifts
£17,000+ per annum depending on experience/ qualifications
A large collaborative support organisation who offer multiple support functions including: therapeutic services, community support, day services, supported living, family assessment, speech and language therapy and short break provision for both adults and children. This organisation have a fantastic reputation that has been built over the last 20 years.
They are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers to work within their short break facility out in the countryside. This short break facility allows children or adults with profound physical and learning disabilities the opportunity to stay away from home offering up a fun packed stay almost like a holiday whilst promoting independence.
You will work within a team at a short stay residential facility that can house up to 13 vulnerable adults / children with physical and learning disabilities.
You will be required to assist with daily activities, including leisure opportunities both at the facility and out in the community, encourage clients to socialise with each other. You will be there to support and ensure all clients have a fun and enriching stay.
Due to the nature of the facility flexibility is required as the occupancy at the short breaks centre varies throughout the year typically shifts are:
AM 7am-14:30pm , PM 14:30pm-22:00pm , Sleep in / Waking Night 22:00pm-07:00am
* Experience with providing support and care to adults and/or children with physical and learning disabilities
* Previous experience in working within a residential/home setting
* Availability to be flexible for shifts across the week
* NVQ Level 3 is desirable but not essential
* The sensitivity required to provide a trusting and stimulating environment along with being passionate about supporting people.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
* A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
* You will be positive and willing to create and follow a personalised service to the individual that you support.
* Be available to support in whatever capacity is required by an individual to nurture their path to independence.
* All staff are employed in line with equal opportunities guidelines and are subject to rigorous recruitment checks.
* Annual leave entitlement
* Flexible working arrangements
* Varied shifts
* Training and access to support for personal/professional development
* Supportive team leaders
What you need to do now:
If you are an experienced Support Worker and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.