Join an established team to support vulnerable members of your community.
Outreach Support Worker
Sittingbourne / Sheppey and surrounding areas
Permanent - 37 hours per week - varied shifts
£17,000+ per annum depending on experience/ qualifications
A large collaborative support organisation who offer multiple support functions including: therapeutic services, community support, day services, supported living, family assessment, speech and language therapy and short break provision for both adults and children. This organisation have a fantastic reputation that has been built over the last 20 years.
They are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers to join their outreach teams who operate across the community supporting clients within their own homes.
You will work out in the community assisting a range of individuals either with learning disabilities or elderly persons. The support you will provide will differ depending on the individual needs of the client but you may assist with: managing money/bills, medication, personal health, time management and making it to appointments or work on time, keeping the environment clean and tidy. This service allows individuals to access help within their own homes and ideally with the aim of reducing support as personal independence grows.
* Experience with providing support and care to adults with learning disabilities or elderly persons
* Previous experience in supporting vulnerable individuals out in the community
* Availability to be flexible for shifts across the week
* NVQ Level 3 is desirable but not essential
* The sensitivity required to provide a trusting and stimulating environment along with being passionate about supporting people.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
* A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
* You will be positive and willing to create and follow a personalised service to the individual that you support.
* Be available to support in whatever capacity is required by an individual to nurture their path to independence.
* All staff are employed in line with equal opportunities guidelines and are subject to rigorous recruitment checks.
* Annual leave entitlement
* 37 hour working week
* Varied shifts
* Training and access to support for personal/professional development
* Supportive team leaders
What you need to do now:
If you are an experienced Outreach / Community Support Worker and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.