Direction Law is a firm proudly built on relationships. With a staff of over 150, and with 40 years of experience, we are a niche firm offering a range of conveyancing and other legal services to Private Individuals, Housing Providers and Business clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join our Wills and Trusts team based in Canterbury. This role covers Monday to Friday, 8.30 -17.00.
The purpose of this role is to the support the team in the effective delivery of client service in a timely manner, as well as administering daily work to a high standard and to make an excellent contribution to the final success of the team.
• Using Partner for Windows to open files, or add a new transaction onto an existing entity;
• Managing Progress Reports to keep all files up to date
• Closing files;
• Liaising with existing clients regarding the benefits of making Wills, and where appropriate, Trust deeds;
• Liaising with clients through telephone and email – this will involve standard chase or follow up correspondence;
• Drafting letters to clients and third parties, such as HMRC and the Courts;
• Compiling invoices, including time bills and sending to Accounts and clients;
• Registering Wills with Certainty;
• Entering registered Wills on Direction Law database;
• Dealing with storage of Wills;
• Advising clients of Will registration and database number;
• Scheduling appointments;
• Administration for Probates;
• Any other ad hoc administration tasks deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent client service.
Strong communication skills are an essential requirement for this role as you will be speaking to clients on the phone, in person and in writing. You must also have a good telephone manner.
To be considered for the role you will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs A – C or equivalent.
We are able to offer further opportunities to individuals who can, over time, demonstrate that they add value to the team through their hard work and high standard of service.
We are a hard working team with a ‘can do’ approach to getting our work done therefore we welcome applications from likeminded people.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.