IPS International is a well-established private training company operating from Rochester in Kent, funded through a large government ESFA contract and also through direct private commercial business. IPS employs 70 full time staff and operates in a range of markets including Engineering, Business Skills, Health & Social Care, IT, Construction and Automotive. The company is now embarking on a programme of expansion through products, facilities and market areas.
To support this, IPS is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager who will be a qualified accountant ideally with experience in supporting operational managers in a developing and growing business.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will enjoy working as part of the Senior Management Team. IPS International is a Gold Investor in People award holder and embodies the values of personal involvement and development within the business.
The successful applicant will possess and demonstrate the ability to:
- Lead the financial management of IPS International, working closely and co-operatively with the Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Create and maintain financial forecasting and budgeting systems, to allow control of costs (including staff recruitment and salary rates) and capital investment expenditure.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team in the generation of budgets and plans for their departments and monitoring progress against these plans.
- Review and improve current working practices, including selection and implementation of new accounting software to make IPS International HMRC MTD compliant, as well as improving efficiency.
- With the Senior Management Team, review the existing internal planning and finance systems, many of which are paper based, and work to move on to cloud-based systems to compliment our existing on-line delivery and assessment processes.
- Complete month end accounts, reviewing results against forecasts/budgets with directors and departmental budget holders, eventually leading to control of year end accounts and the provision of all audit information.
- Provide holiday/absence coverage for the Company Secretary including VAT returns, credit control, daily bank checks and the monthly salary run where required.