• Management Accountant required for the Accounts Department in busy fresh produce Distribution Company. The ideal candidate will provide a professional service covering all aspects of transactional finance duties as well as preparing data for financial reports.
• Days/hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 hrs
• Salary - depending on experience
• Employment will be on a permanent basis but subject to successful completion of a 12 week probationary period.
• To ensure weekly and period reporting is on time and accurate
• Management of Accounts team (6 people)
• Creation of management accounts with full variance analysis for review by Financial Controller
• Working alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budgets/forecasts
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the production of weekly forecasts
• Collation of weekly KPIs for Warehouse/Transport Operations
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• To ensure submissions of online filing for FPS/EPS, tax returns and pension submissions are submitted on time to avoid late penalty fees
• Payroll processing
• Ad hoc reporting as required
• The position requires someone who is confident and well spoken
• Experienced and comfortable managing a small team
• Successful candidate should possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and a good telephone manner
• Good numeracy skills required along with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent IT skills and ability to operate computerised systems including Pegasus Opera
• An enthusiastic and organised approach to work is required
• Customer focused with drive to achieve
• Ability to build relationships with other departments
• Thorough and robust ledger knowledge
• Be able to work under pressure while maintaining high standards
• Ability to work alone and to be a good team player
• Flexible approach is essential as there may be the need to cover other ad hoc Account duties as and when required
• Own transport required owing to location.
• Part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) or qualified through experience.
Please respond with your CV and a covering letter which should include details of your most recent salary and salary expectations.