Salary: up to £40k Dependant on skills and experience
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has been focussed on Project Delivery. You will have a background on Cloud Services, Networking, Storage and Virtualisation. We would be particularly interested in candidates with a Managed Services / MSP background with some project management skills.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical and interpersonal skills with some project management capabilities, preferably with extensive previous experience in a service provider or corporate environment. You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the design, implementation and support of a wide variety of IT solutions as part of an end-to-end lifecycle implementation.
The Infrastructure Engineer role is based at the Head Office in Sittingbourne, but also will incorporate on-site working at customer premises including some of their larger London based clients; a full driving license, your own transportation, and a willingness to travel are therefore pre-requisites. You will also be involved in supporting the Service Desk to resolve infrastructure escalations and for supporting the Platforms Manager with internal development projects to improve the efficiency of IT systems within the company.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will have a good knowledge and practical experience of:
· Engaging with clients to determine their technology requirements
· Working with clients to deliver projects to a defined scope, quality, cost and timescale for outcome success.
· Clarifying client system specifications, understanding working practices and the nature of the customers’ business.
· Working at customer sites, liaising with staff at all levels within their organisation - good stakeholder management is therefore a pre-requisite.
· Developing new technologies and then implementing these.
· Presenting solutions in clear and consistent written or oral reports using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Designing, testing, installing and monitoring systems during the Project phase
· Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers following implementation.
Other essential requirements include:
· A smart, professional appearance
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent customer service and a strong desire to overachieve and excel within the company
· Flexibility and adaptability, a strong decision maker with a logical approach to problem solving, analysis and solution design.
· The ability to work well in a team environment, but also able to work independently on your own initiative.
· Candidates must have a current driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
The candidate will be technically proficient in the following areas:
· Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Virtualisation (Microsoft Hyper-V / VMware) / Failover Clustering
- Exchange Server / Office 365 and associated e-mail protocols
- RDS/Terminal Server
- Active Directory, DFS, Security, GPO
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Storage including SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Firewall configuration / troubleshooting (WatchGuard / PFSense)
- Layer 3 switch configuration (HP Procurve / Dell)
- Experience of Security would be an advantage (CISSP/CISM or equivalent)
The Infrastructure Engineer role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of Servers, hardware and racking of equipment.