3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: up to £34k
We are looking for a strong 3rd line engineer who may have some level of Infrastructure exposure. We would be particularly interested in candidates who have previously worked for a MSP or who have experience with many different technologies within a busy customer focussed environment
The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical and interpersonal skills with some project management capabilities, preferably with extensive previous experience in a service provider or corporate environment. You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities within a 3rd Line Service Desk/Infrastructure environment.
The 3rd line Infrastructure Engineer role is based primarily at the Head Office in Sittingbourne, but also will incorporate on- site working at customer premises as required; a full driving license, your own transportation, and a willingness to travel are therefore pre-requisites.
Good theoretical knowledge and practical experience of the following is also essential:
• Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
• Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
• Exchange Server and associated e-mail protocols
• RDS/Terminal Server
• Active Directory, DFS, Security, GPO
• Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls & Routers
• Storage including SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
• Although not essential, the ideal candidate will have industry recognised qualifications such as MCITP.
Other essential requirements include:
• A smart, professional appearance
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
• Strong mentoring skills
• A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage large workloads and effectively delegate when necessary
• A strong desire to overachieve and excel within the company
• The ability to work within a team as well as on own initiative
• Attention to detail