Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
BMM Weston Ltd are currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their talented and friendly team.
You will be involved in the design and development of a variety of products used within the medical decontamination industry. The successful candidate will also, after a period of in-house training, be required to give technical support and assistance to other departments within the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work within a market leading, Kent based manufacturer. A business looking to grow with new products being released this year and programs in place for future development.
More information can be found at www.bmmweston.com
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – with training
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining mechanical designs that meet the requirements of the Machinery, Pressure and Medical Device directives.
• The creation and ongoing review of technical drawings, schemes and designs of components and assemblies.
• Providing technical support to the production and service teams.
• Keep abreast of current techniques, best practice and regulatory requirements in mechanical engineering and introducing new methods where necessary.
• To be responsible for cost-effective design
• To ensure that all relevant company and statutory health & safety requirements, policies and procedures are adhered to.
• A ‘hands on’ approach is encouraged and involvement in the build of prototype design will be considered vital.
• An honours degree in Mechanical or a Mechanically biased engineering discipline
A Mechanical Engineering HND level qualification with relevant experience.
• Minimum 2 years SolidWorks experience would be an advantage.
• Additional knowledge of FEA simulation also a benefit
• Competent in hand calculations to verify design.
• Knowledge of sheet metal design, pressure vessel design, pipe work systems and/or electrics would be an advantage
• Awareness of ISO quality systems.
• Good communication skills and attention to detail
In the first instance applicants should email their CV to - [email protected]
Or post to –
BMM Weston Ltd.