Integrated Service Solutions Ltd (ISS) is an innovative service provider operating primarily within the Fresh Produce sector in the UK. As a joint venture, we operate independently, but also draw on the expertise and network of our shareholders – DPS Limited and Fowler Welch.
Since inception in 2014, ISS has experienced phenomenal growth. With annual revenues in excess of £35 million, and having established a strong market position, we now employ over 450 people across our 120,000 sq.ft site at Teynham and our 74,000 sq.ft site at Linton.
At our core and recognized by all our stakeholders are people, quality and service. This has enabled us to grow and develop strong relationships with our in-house teams, customers and suppliers.
Being responsive, and taking responsibility for our activities, we provide a first-class service that enables both ISS, and our customers, to be successful and sustainable.
As a service provider, ISS operates within a diverse and dynamic environment and has ambitious plans for the future. To achieve our strategic objectives, we will continue to invest in technology and infrastructure, and will develop our teams to reach their full potential.
Job Title: QC Production
Reports To: Assistant QA Manager
To ensure all produce dispatched from ISS meets all customer requirements of safety, quality and legality.
• To ensure all product packaging and detail meets or exceeds the customer’s and legal standards.
• Maintain an understanding of each customers labelling and packaging specifications.
• Continually monitor labelling and packaging standards of packed product.
• Ensure accuracy of date coding, barcoding and all other pack and outer case labels information is correct.
• Ensure all associated promotional detail, ribbon and any other form of additional pack information is correct.
• Ensure that the correct packaging is being used as per customer requirements.
• Responsible for raw material checks
• Responsible to collect shelf life samples
• Set up quality standards on the line before productions starts
• Ensure that all non-conforming product information is quickly communicated to line supervisors and managers to minimise any downtime.
• To work safely and report any hazards or near misses to the line Leader or Shift Production Manager.
• To changeover between products effectively, safely and hygienically in accordance with Company and Customer procedures.
• To work efficiently and effectively ensuring that you contribute to the daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the department as set by the Quality Control Manager and the needs of the business.
• To maintain high levels of health, safety, hygiene and housekeeping to BRC, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Tesco Food Standards at all times through the clean as you go policy
• To clearly communicate between all colleagues in your team and your Line Managers in a timely manner.
• To use any equipment in a correct and safe manner
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Working within a temperature-controlled environment
• Working in a packhouse/production environment
• Knowledge of fresh produce standards
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to do repetitive work
• Be flexible, thorough and show attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines
• Be organised and methodical in your approach to work
• Ability to carry out the full range of duties on the job description including job context/working environment.
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
• Achievement of KPI’s
• Team contribution
• Achievement of customer service levels
• Timekeeping & attendance
• Accuracy of Work
• Health & Safety compliance
• Quality Service Level