Job Title: Production Technician
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm. Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Are you looking to work for a forward thinking, progressive company who really cares about their employees? Do you want to work for a company where you really feel valued and appreciated? Do you want to work for a company who has invested a lot of time and money over the past few years in making sure their employees working environment is modern and right for them and provides training and career progression?
Our client based in Folkestone, Kent, is looking for people who can demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be enthusiastic and a team player with a positive attitude to learning. The role with entail disassembling and cleaning to micro standard change parts from top production lines. To keep to 5s standards in areas as directed by the Shift Manager.
* Be flexible in both the role and duties undertaken.
* Follow instruction and SOP's.
* Demonstrate a safe operating environment including chemical usage in cleaning and preparing for micro testing.
* Successfully/safely complete T20 training.
* Be an example to others when carrying out duties (e.g. when operating fork lift truck/T20).
* Participate in Continuous Improvement.
* Undergo training and work to manufacturer's instructions for disassembly and assembly of all change parts.
* Ensure the safe storage/movement of materials/housekeeping in units.
* Ensure the safe keeping and storage of change parts in the unit 1 carousel.
* Ensure that daily and weekly cleaning regimes are adhered to.
* Report all malfunctioning equipment to the Shift Manager.
* Update SAP/stores to confirm materials are in stock and ready for use in the relevant Units.
* Carry out duties to ensure good housekeeping standards.
* Manage any non-standard task as requested into daily work.
* Undertake any additional duties as required by the business.
Hours - The shift pattern for a production technician is 40 hours week from Monday to Friday, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm. Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Previous experience of working within a FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) manufacturing environment would be desirable.
You must have a basic understanding of Mathematics and working with computers.
A good standard of verbal and written English.
Excellent communication skills
Basic engineering skills
This is a great opportunity to be part of a well-established company, so if you feel you have the relevant experience, then please apply with an up to date CV. If you have not been contacted within a week, you should assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time.