Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Brimming with enthusiasm and fresh ideas, the Features Writer will create content that distinctly expresses Childrensalon’s brand values and tone of voice.
This role would ideally suit a highly organised individual with an excellent grasp of grammar, who can consistently deliver new content ideas and beautifully written, engaging copy.
In this role, you will assist in the creation of content ideas and writing of features for our editorial content hub; collaborating closely with the Features Editor and the wider Features team.
- Create interesting and engaging features that feel authentic to our customer base, their families and our brand values - from ideation, through
to writing, editing and publishing.
- Alongside the wider Features team, suggest innovative ideas to bring Childrensalon to life on our Lifestyle Hub.
- Stay on top of childrenswear trends, events and monitor social media sites to stay in touch with up to the minute industry news.
- Work to ensure all copy reflects the Childrensalon brand values (both tone of voice and editorial direction).
- Collaborate with our SEO and Data teams to review content performance and to ensure the copy is well-optimised.
- Collaborate closely with the data retention and brand marketing teams to ensure the brand’s coverage of trending and timely topics is fresh,
thoughtful, and informed.
- With a proven ability to write, you will be able to balance creativity with commerciality.
- Experience of writing lifestyle content for parents and families- understanding parenting, how they engage online and how to best translate
our values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage into captivating features.
- Ability to be pro-active and show initiative by consistently suggesting new ideas to improve the quality of the content.
- A strong understanding of the type of lifestyle content that resonates with our Childrensalon customer.
- Have excellent written English with proven experience of writing content for digital platforms.
- Editorial awareness and sub-editing/proof reading skills.
- Excellent work ethic and an ability to multitask
- A general understanding of SEO best practices.
- Deadline driven with a proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- 2+ years research, writing and editing experience in a similar role, with a proven interest in lifestyle, parenting and/or childrenswear.
- Experience of working in a global environment, with the ability to identify and understand cultural and environmental differences.
- A bachelor's degree in English literature or journalism.
- Experience of writing for parents in a luxury retail environment.
- A familiarity of luxury childrenswear brands.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you’d thrive in this role please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.