Dev Ops Engineer
This role will be work from home until at least January 2021. We would like an experienced DevOps Consultant who is either already SC Cleared or would be eligible for SC Clearance.
We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Consultant with skills in AWS and Linux to take responsibility for all DevOps aspects of IT infrastructure projects for end clients, ensuring adherences to best practice processes and tooling. You will be responsible for recommending DevOps tooling and best practice to clients and identifying solutions that support a business objective.
You will be comfortable and accountable for challenging outmoded concepts and driving improvements with innovative and adaptive architectures and patterns, creating precedents and setting direction; whether that be for on-premise or cloud solutions.
To ensure that clients receive end to end support in their DevOps requirements, you will also support clients with their DevOps tooling selection processes for products and services within their IT eco-systems, whilst further supporting clients with relevant accreditations.
To apply you must:
• Have 3-5 years of experience with cloud providers (ideally AWS) and supported by certifications such as AWS Solution Architect Associate level.
• Have 3-5 years of experience in Linux Operating systems (Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS)
• Have 1-3 years of experience in infrastructure provisioning/automation (at least one of Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Python)
• Have 1-3 years of experience in containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Have 1-3 years of experience in source code systems (Github, Gitlab)
• Have 1-3 years of experience application/infrastructure monitoring (one of ELK stack, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus)
• Have 1-3 years of experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment techniques, approaches and tools (Jenkins, Drone, Code Build, Code Pipeline)
• Have experience in one or more of the following methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban)
• Be Security Cleared or willing to undertake clearance
• Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent.
• Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication, and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them technically.
• Be willing to travel to clients' sites throughout the UK as projects require.