Business Development Assistant
£22-28k - 12 month fixed term contract
My client, an established manufacturing company based in the Maidstone area are looking for a Business Development Assistant to join them to cover a 12 month period. This is a supporting role working within a fast paced sales environment.
* Offering support to external sales team
* Acting as the first point of contact to the customer, managing a high volume of email enquiries
* Building a strong relationship with each client providing a consultative service
* Offering quotations based on accurate information gathering
* Reacting quickly and efficiently, offering a good level of technical advice and ensuring that client information is always fully up to date
* Being pro-active in terms of following up with customers to make sure they have everything they need as well as regular communication internally, supporting sales process through to close
* Spotting problems and anomalies and problem solving through to resolve, escalating where necessary
* Taking ownership of workload and supporting the wider team where necessary
The successful candidate will:
* Be a pro-active, energetic and ambitious candidate with a great attitude
* Be an exceptional communicator
* Have strong experience working in fast paced sales environments
* Be methodical, organised and have a high attention to detail
* Be reliable, flexible outgoing
* Understand the need for accountability within a team environment
* Be calm and collected, even in a pressured environment
* Have a good standard of Education, ideally degree educated
This company offers training, progression and development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. They are currently entering into a really exciting time of expansion so it is a great time to join the business!
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are keen for a role of this nature, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Emily Powell, Head of Business Support at Pearson Whiffin.