Purchasing Team Leader
Salary £30k to £38k DOE
We are currently recruiting an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Team Leader for our client based in the Ashford area. The business is going through a consistent growth period and therefore this a great opportunity to part of a forward thinking business
The successful candidate will have demonstrable working experience in a purchasing, buying or supply chain based position and be an experienced people manager. The role is for someone able to support, lead and develop the team focus as well taking on a hands on purchasing role;
Duties will include;
* Conduct regular reviews arranged with each employee to develop their personal goals, targets and training needs.
* Set KPI's for the team around operational efficiency for the department and ensuring these are monitored, tracked and achieved.
* Manage daily queries from Sales Department, e.g., stock questions, lead time inquiries, strategy needs, etc.
* Support and monitor non-stock activity in relation to secondary buying and margin enhancement, assisting with large inquiries and working with the non-stock team towards their and the Sales Department targets.
* Regular analysis on missed opportunities, target analysis and training requirements in conjunction with Sales.
* Foster a closer relationship between Sales and Purchasing Management to provide accurate stock forecasts by anticipating upcoming sales requirements from projects/leads/etc.
* Manage late shipment queries and work between Operations and Sales to resolve problems and provide solutions.
* Supplier relationship management through regular communication, stock profile monitoring, OTIF tracking, etc.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.