We’re looking for a Brewer to join our growing team!
A bit about who we are:
Founded in 2013, SEB Brewing & Packaging, is a dedicated Service Provider to the craft drinks industry. We manufacture and package craft drinks for innovative drinks companies, priding ourselves on our product quality, flexibility and Customer Service.
We run our business with a simple vision; to be the ‘Highest quality craft drinks packager in the Country’.
Following exceptional demand for our Contract Brewing Services we are expanding our Brewing Team and are seeking an experienced Brewer to join us. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and technical minded individual to join a fast growing, dynamic company, based in the beautiful seaside town of Broadstairs, Kent.
What we’re looking for:
Reporting to the Brewery Operations Manager, the Brewer will be responsible for the day-to-day production of beer produced on site to quality standards that we set. Joining at the start of the expansion of our Contract Brewing Services, the Brewer will have the unapparelled opportunity to shape our operations as we grow.
Key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
• a minimum of five years of brewing experience
• diploma in brewing or equivalent qualification
• enthusiasm and passion for beer flavours and quality
• excellent understanding of and ability to apply technical knowledge of the brewing process
• excellent understanding of and ability to ensure compliance with industry standards
• excellent knowledge of and ability to implement brewery hygienic processes
• self-starter with a willingness to take ownership of the role
• a legal right to work in the UK
• and finally, but perhaps most importantly you’re serious about your work, but don’t take yourself too seriously and you like to have fun and enjoy yourself along the way!
What’s in it for you:
We are offering a competitive package to attract the best talent to join our team in Broadstairs.
• Basic salary of circa £27,000
• Relocation package of up to £3,000
• 3% company pension contributions
• Ongoing training costs fully funded
• Employee recognition & reward scheme
• Summer & Christmas Parties
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays rising to a total of 33 days inclusive of Bank Holidays
What you’ll be doing:
Managing the brewing process including milling, water system management and CIP’s of all brewhouse equipment including:
• Brewing to specification
• Ensuring production records are maintained correctly and in line with SALSA guidelines
• Following standard operating procedures
• Work alongside the Brewery Operations Manager on recipe development
• Participating in regular QC sessions
Monitoring and ensuring the smooth running of the brewhouse and cold side production to deliver beer on schedule and within specification including:
• Monitoring of fermentation temperatures, gravities & cell counts
• CIP of vessels carbonating and transfer to packaging
• Dry hopping of beers
• Yeast management
Managing and mentoring brewery assistants and liaising with the packaging team to achieve team goals including:
• Assisting the Packaging Supervisors where required
• Ensuring all production and storage areas are well maintained and cleaned to the highest hygienic standards
• Maintaining a high level of Health and Safety at all times
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV and covering letter using the apply online button: