This is a great opportunity to work for an established and expanding award-winning Fine Art printing studio based in the village of Wye, just outside Ashford, seconds away from the train station.
This is a permanent full-time position and would suit someone with a strong work ethic to work in a professional environment. Previous experience is desirable although not necessary, as full training will be provided.
Role of the Fine Art Printer / Reprographics Artworker
Main responsibilities will be to assist with giclée, greetings card and canvas print production. The role will include the scanning and printing of original paintings, drawings, illustrations and digitally created art. You will use Mac computer based digital imaging software and generally adapt to a wide variety of tasks to assist with the preparation, production, finishing and fulfilment of orders.
Skills and experience required for the role.
Essential characteristics include:
• Proficiency with Mac computer based digital imaging software including Adobe Photoshop (and Indesign preferable)
• An educational / professional background in Fine Art painting, drawing, illustration and / or digital imaging
• Attention to detail and an eye for colour
• The ability to multitask and work efficiently
• A positive approach and desire for excellence with an eagerness to learn
• Quality control and customer care
• A friendly manner with good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
• A good educational background together with excellent IT skills
Responsibilities of the Printer / Reprographics Artworker.
The role will entail:
• Preparing artwork files within Adobe Photoshop and setting up ready for printing to specification
• Running large format inkjet and digital light production printers whilst maintaining continuous inspection for quality
• Undertaking image editing, colour proofing and retouching
• Carefully scanning original artwork
• Operating print trimming and scoring equipment
• Assisting with stretching canvas prints
• Receiving and storing production supplies
• Collating and packing orders ready for timely despatch
• Liasing with customers regarding orders, artwork and print specifications
• Ensuring customer order deadlines are met
• Updating project records, paperwork and documents in a timely manner making sure they are complete and accurate
• Performing maintenance and upkeep of all print production equipment
• Helping with ensuring safety, cleanliness and organisation around the workplace
• Performing ad-hoc duties as required
About our client
Art4site has been offering professionally endorsed, highly regarded artwork scanning and Fine Art printing for artists, publishers and galleries across England and around the world since 1999.
Please apply here with a cover letter.
Interviews will be conducted by Zoom video calls.
Please note that due to capacity issues and volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to successfully shortlisted candidates.