The Job holder will be responsible for supervising the Packhouse ensuring productivity, efficiency, quality of product and planning updates.
The Job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
• Responsibility for day to day instruction and clarity of work load with the Line Leaders/ machine minders at the start of each shift.
• Responsible for document, process and procedure conformity within the production department.
• Ensure production standards are challenged, exceeded to maximize efficiency and productivity. Carry out a root cause analysis on any shortfalls
• Responsible for updating the planner with Packhouse progress and any issues that may affect production
• Behavioural conversations to be completed / disciplinary investigations to be carried out if needed with support from HR
• Responsible for conformity to break times for all staff under the production umbrella.
• If the start time changes for employees, speak to HR to gain their contact details and notify them.
In addition, if working on graders:
• Ensure that a record is kept of % grade out/ number of bins graded and class 1 produced against required amounts on the grading plan, update production/ Packhouse Managers/ Planning hourly
• Ensure fruition growers are texted 30 minutes before grading is due to start
• Ensure the intake reports are printed out and read by line leader prior to grading, this is to ensure the operatives are made aware of the likely defects/ issues.
• Throughout the grading run, compare the % of class 1 fruit to the intake %. If it differs more than 5% report this to the Production/ Packhouse Manager.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks if required, to support the business needs of the company.
This role requires the job holder to regularly work unpredictable hours.
• Fluent in written and spoken English numeracy and literacy
• IT literate – conversant with Microsoft office applications
Essential skills/ Qualifications:
• HACCP level 2
• Hygiene and food safety certificate level 2
• Experience in a fresh produce production environment
Pro-Force is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered on the grounds of their skills and merits, and all applicants will be considered equally regardless of any protected characteristic in accordance with the Equality Act 2010