Henry Reeves and Co are looking to recruit an experienced bookkeeper on behalf of one of our clients.
Recent, significant use of Sage 50 Accounts is a prerequisite for the role.
The position will be on a self-employed basis. It is expected the role will require 20-30 hours per week during the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday at times of your choosing. You will be working very close to Maidstone town centre. Parking is provided.
Our client is a well-known local business that is traded through two limited companies with a joint turnover close to £2m.
The businesses between them have over 25 different income streams with payments received via cash, card, direct credit and PayPal. Strong reconciliation skills are therefore crucial. You will also require patience and a friendly tone as you will be liaising with a variety of different people (some who are volunteers) who are very busy to collate all the documents and invoices required to complete the bookkeeping.
You will be responsible for
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Posting all sales and purchase invoices into Sage
- Posting all bank, cash, card and PayPal entries into Sage
- Reconciling the bank, cash, card and PayPal accounts
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Reconciliation of all remaining Balance Sheet amounts.
- Entering of wages journals
- Discussing with management unpaid sales invoices
- Liaising with the General Manager for missing information and new income streams.
- Liaising with different individuals for sales figures, stock figures etc.
- Filing and keeping all business records in an orderly system
You will work with ourselves on any issues and also with preparing the VAT Return ready for us to review prior to its submission.
Quarterly management figures will need to be prepared on a timely basis in conjunction with us for a meeting with the Directors within 20 days of the quarter end.
This role does not include any payroll work.
The position is available immediately.
No recruitment agents will be used to fulfill this role.
Please could you provide your CV for consideration for the next interview stage.
Due to the expected number of applications we will only be contacting those who have been chosen for interview.