Accounts Software Support Technician
Work from Home Opportunity
Salary: £18k – £22k DOE
Due to the recent Covid crisis my client significantly adapted their working practices to embrace the requirement to work from home. As a result, they are now able to offer this role with the option of being based at their offices near Maidstone in Kent or home-based, anywhere in the UK.
If you are home-based this would be subject to you having a professional work environment and good internet connectivity at your home. My client will supply the appropriate IT equipment for the role, such as a PC, display monitors, voice headset, etc.
They are looking for someone who already has experience of supporting Accounting Software who would be interested in taking on the role of Customer Support Technician to be part of a growing remote support team, assisting their corporate and professional customer base with a wide range of software queries and product advice.
As you would expect you will be given full training to develop your product knowledge and customer service and you will be joining a team where collaboration and creativity is actively encouraged in order to develop your skills and improve team performance. They will ensure that you are fully conversant with their range of software, its use and implementation in a professional and corporate environment. They are also committed to helping you maintain your professional knowledge and funding continual professional development as appropriate to your role and qualifications.
You will be articulate, with an excellent telephone manner, good keyboard skills and the ability to communicate at all levels through a variety of channels. Experience of supporting Accounting products and strong IT skills would be expected
Core skills required are;
· The ability to build customer rapport and communicate effectively
· An attention to detail and accuracy
· The energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of inbound cases
· To be willing to listen to and support colleagues as part of a team
· Frontline customer support
· Logging all details of cases handled directly in the service management system.
· Dealing with customer emails and similar communications. Keeping all email correspondence up to date and filed within the customer directories.
· Diagnose software problems or faults over the phone, by webchat, by remote access or by email.
· Taking customers through a series of actions, through various communication channels.
· For all requests that cannot be directly resolved, invoke the relevant escalation process to 2nd line support and resolver groups.
· Handle any complaints and enquires efficiently and professionally.
· Proactively assists users in making effective use of the software available to them.
· Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
· Updating self-help documents so customers/other team members can try to fix problems themselves.
· Work collaboratively with team members to share knowledge.
· Be open minded and inquisitive when approaching unfamiliar support requests.
· Required to plan and organise own work in a rapidly changing and technical environment.
· Record system enhancements request in the internal bug registers.
· To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of the organisation’s products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
· To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
· To communicate courteously with all customers, building positive relationships and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
· To deal appropriately with incoming queries and provide written or oral responses to confirm the information or outcome.
· To work together with other departments within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
· Such other general and administrative duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
· Other administrative and technical tasks that may arise in the general course of business.
· The role requires full awareness of, and strict compliance with the data security and data handling policies of the company.
· For home-based workers, there will be a requirement to attend the company’s offices, or other reasonable locations from time to time to partake in team training and other company meetings. Depending on the distances involved, these may involve occasional overnight stays away from home.