An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a highly successful business based in Maidstone.
The successful candidate will by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks, whilst supporting the FD. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
This role is initially a 12 month contract covering maternity leave, however based on performance and the company's growth there may be opportunity for this to extend.
Ideally you will be AAT Qualified or working towards this qualification, however QBE will also be considered.
* Preparing Monthly Management accounts, supervising
* Assisting with year end accounts & preparing for Audit.
* VAT returns, and reconciliations.
* Reviewing reports.
* Liaising with all departments to ensure timely, and accurate processing of all financial information
* Cost analysis, and other projects.
* Ad hoc duties where required.
Experience and Skills:
* Experienced in the preparation of management accounts.
* A good working knowledge of accounting systems, and Excel.
* Must be able to demonstrate commercial acumen.
* Articulate, reliable, self starter, with a positive attitude.
* Candidates must have good verbal and written, communication skills, be flexible, and have a positive attitude.
* Must be able to work in a team, and on own initiative.
* Part qualified, or qualified by experience.
12 Month Contract
Salary up to £26 - DOE