Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
£35k pro rata
6 month fixed term contract - possibility of permanent
An enthusiastic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist is needed to join the dynamic Marketing team and progressive business of our client based in Folkestone. The role is a six month fixed term position, with a possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
You will work to drive organic traffic to their site and improve the organisation’s search engine results.
You will have an in-depth understanding of SEO strategies and knowledge of multiple analytic and tracking tools. You will also have experience creating progress reports to share with team members and senior leadership, in order to create original SEO optimal content and help to inform web and social campaigns to engage our audience and boost traffic.
You will have a ‘can do’ attitude, deliver high standards both in the delivery of results. You will work to support the Marketeers and ultimately the Marketing Manager, who will welcome a team spirit, fresh approach and a wealth of ideas.
1. Encourage and build inbound organic search traffic via SEO improvements and Content Expansion
2. Conduct technical SEO analysis/audits on a BAU basis, with a focus on search terms, rankings and analytics to highlight new processes to improve
3. Identify, prioritise and implement key SEO projects across the website
4. Work with the Marketing Team to implement and deploy strategy plans
5. Create search strategies timelines, calendars, and goals
6. Collaborate with social media team to align SEO strategies
7. Source keywords for blogs, press releases, social status updates, and campaign needs
8. Compile and present web analytics data to team members and senior leadership to make recommendations and improvements
9. Create engaging content with optimal SEO keywords and phrases
10. Deliver revenue streams for the team and contribute to the profit of the business
11. Help develop & implement link building strategy
12. Work with the PPC agency to conduct keyword analysis and set up and review keyword strategies
13. Commitment to aims and values of the Company
14. Promoting positive culture of understanding and caring for the customer journey
15. Communication to team members and customers
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Two to three years of experience in successfully developing & executing SEO campaigns
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth understanding of Google Analytics and other SEO services, online tracking tools, webmaster tools, back-end SEO, and metadata
• Experience in cultivating SEO keywords and phrases to drive web traffic
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); understanding of HTML, CSS
• Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
• Experience identifying and creating campaigns for target audience engagement
• Bachelor’s (BA or BS) or Masters in business, marketing, or related field.
The role is based in Folkestone where appropriate Covid19 safety measures are in place.
The role also offers free on-site parking, 20 days holiday per annum pro rata, and 42.5 hour week