A high-calibre finance and administration assistant is required for the busy Hythe office of a successful international Management Consultancy.
• Bought ledger.
• Processing incoming consultant time and expense invoices.
• Processing accounting journal entries.
• Liaising with consultants to resolve queries.
• Verifying calculations to ensure invoice values are correct for system input and payment.
• Working with finance colleagues ensuring accurate data capture, account reconciliation and resolving problems when necessary.
• Supporting the Commercial Manager with client and consultant legal contracts and providing other onboarding administrative support as required.
• Providing ad-hoc project support when needed.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to progress beyond Accounts Payable to understand other key finance department duties.
• An eye for numbers, accuracy and good written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail.
• IT skills as well as the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
• Ability to manage workload effectively.
• Finance systems experience (Coda) is advantageous, however not essential as training will be provided.
• Exceptional administration and organisational skills.
When recruiting we look for the following qualities: strong work ethic, reliability, honesty, delivery focus, self-starter, innovation, relationship builder, interest in learning, team oriented, sense of humour and a high level of Emotional Intelligence.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and Commercial Manager on a split basis.