Are you inspiring and capable of leading a small team of staff?
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager who will uphold our high standards of maintenance and then work to improve them yet further in our new purpose built workshop.
Although part of your role is efficient keeping of our engineering records, this role requires leadership on the shop floor. You will need sound technical knowledge and you’ll be able to diagnose and rectify faults with our fleet of Volvo buses and coaches and Mercedes minibuses, you’ll be skilled at allocating tasks efficiently to your team, and will expect them to deliver high-quality results while following company procedures.
Above all, your attention to detail will ensure that the health and safety of our customers and of our depot is never compromised.
Our premises are Irtech accredited and this would be a requirement, as well as very good IT skills as we operate a Vehicle Maintenance System and stock control.
Our engineering workshop opens at 05.00 and closes at 19.00 Monday – Friday, and a rota is in place for a 24 hour on call rota for the engineers.
• Ensuring that sufficient buses are always available for service, including spares
• Ensuring that the engineering team is fully tasked and motivated
• Ensuring that our buses and our workshop are safe and well maintained
• Communicating effectively and professionally with the operations team
• Maintaining accurate records
• Ensuring that the company’s procedures are followed throughout the workshop
• Attending weekly compliance and health & safety meetings
Skills, Experience and Qualifications are essential:
• Relevant engineering qualification(s), such as NVQ, HNC, BTEC
• Irtech qualified
• Full UK driving licence plus PCV licence
Candidates need to possess detailed technical engineering knowledge, an understanding of engineering procedures and health & safety legislation and the skills of problem-solving and leading team of people. Ideally you will come from a bus or coach background, but you may have military or HGV experience.
Relocation and accommodation available