Children's residential support worker
Your new employer:
Hays are working in partnership with a Children's Residential setting near Tunbridge Wells. Our client is currently recruiting for a number of new staff to join their existing friendly team. Together we are looking for experienced Residential Children's Care Workers. Our client provides a living environment for vulnerable children where it is understood that honesty and mutual respect are imperative to a happy and healthy home and to provide opportunities for children to learn essential life, Independence, and transition to work skills.
Your new role:
* Taking care of the day to day needs of 5 young people between the ages of 10-17 as any parent would.
* Ensuring the young people feel listened to and have a voice
* Enjoying and taking part in activities, including, swimming, football, cycling etc
* Attending the adjacent school and working as an LSA during the school week
* Co key working an individual child
* Writing daily reports
What you need to be successful:
* Successful candidates should have at least 1 year's experience of working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
* The ideal candidate will be qualified to Diploma Level 3 Health and Social Care, Children and Young People.
* All candidates will be committed to further professional training.
* Applications only accepted from candidates who within their application personal statement can demonstrate a commitment to working therapeutically with children and young people.
* All candidates will need to undertake a DBS check
Working with Hays as a Support Worker has many benefits
* Competitive rates of pay
* A personal service with a dedicated consultant
* Full and part time roles available
* £250 Refer and friend scheme
Not the right role for you but know someone that may be interested? If you recommend a friend you could receive up to £250 worth of shopping vouchers* by following the link below. http://www.hays.co.uk/Forms/refer-a-friend-social-care-537802
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.