We are looking for a responsible Accounts Assistant to perform a variety of accounting and clerical tasks. Duties of the Accounts Assistant include providing support to our Administration Manager and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general accounts activities. The candidate MUST have a good grasp of Microsoft Excel and Sage and have used it on a daily basis.
What do we want?
Accounts Assistant responsibilities include use of Sage to input invoices, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel, word and the office equipment. If you also have previous experience as accounts assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Accounts Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our accounts department.
• Input supplier invoices on Sage
• Raise invoice queries and chase for POD’s and Credit notes
• Run Aged Creditor report (Supplier invoices due)
• CIS payments
• VAT Returns
• Input Customer invoices on Sage
• Update Invoice Log when Payments come in
• Credit Card Reporting
• Project Costings
• Adding new Supplier/Sub-Contractors on Sage
• Creating New payment certificates and invoices for Customers
• Adding pro-forma invoices on sage.
• Verifying new Sub-contractors
• Check Statements for invoices received
Proven experience as an accounts assistant
Knowledge of sage and excel
Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Would be preferable to have your own transport as the workplace is not in a regular Bus/Train Transport Service area.
Please send your CV to using the apply online button or call 07836737431 for more details.