We are looking for a part-time Assistant Accountant role to maintain our financial records. 2 days flexible over the week.
The candidate should be confident and experienced in all general accounting duties and principles. As part of a small friendly business, you will be the main go-to accounts person in the company for all accounting queries and happy to role up your sleeves and get stuck in.
Broad experienced in all aspects of accounting duties from sales invoicing through to trial balance and management reporting. Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements for external bodies for VAT, EC sales listings, P11d’s etc. You will need to work closely with our team across the business to create and analyse financial reports and make recommendations for improvements.
Our candidate needs to be experienced in a similar role and preferably familiar with Xero accounting software.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process for sales & purchases.
• Ledger processing & management. Balance sheet reconciliations including Debtors & collections process, purchase ledgers & payments, credit cards & bank reconciliations.
• Prepare accounts to trial balance, prepayments & Accruals & monthly reporting.
• Preparation of timely VAT return & EC sales listings & prepare p11d’s.
• Assisting with budgeting and year end process.
• Preparing business reporting in a timely fashion to including Job & WIP, cashflow, Debtors and other report as required.
• Prepare salary info for external bureau and administer pension & healthcare plans.
• Team player & experienced in a similar broad accounting role
• Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
• Effective time management and able to meet deadlines
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• Microsoft office knowledge and proficient in excel.
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.