An exciting opportunity for an experienced Agronomist to join our client as Head of Agronomy. The right candidate will be experienced in managing a team of agronomists and support team, be skilled in overseeing supply, provide data/information to help influence the overall planning strategy and forecast, and be highly communicative to liaise across all levels.
The Head of Agronomy role will be office based in Kent but the role does require travel across a range of sites.
Head of Agronomy
• Lead the team of agronomists and oversee the crop production bulletin.
• Responsible for the management of the Agronomy Support Team.
• Responsible for the management and performance of the Laboratory
• Define strategy for the evolving requirements of the Agronomy Team, Agronomy Support Team and laboratory providing scientific support to our growers.
• Oversee the supply of high-quality plant material to growers in conjunction with nursery supply arrangements and partners.
• Horizon scan crop production developments and assess how new technologies should be best introduced to grower members.
• Represent the Agronomy Team on our Grower Research Advisory Panel.
• Provide information and assistance to the Head of Planning to influence the group’s overall production strategy and forecasts. Where required, provide assistance to the planning process to individual grower’s plans; to ensure that our production and market demands are aligned.
• Design and manage our programme of educational visits, farm walks and knowledge exchange activities to ensure that our growers are well informed.
• Manage the regional and crop benchmarking groups in order to and promote best practice and continuous improvement by growers.
Salary is competitive plus excellent benefits. The role is based in Kent but will require travel.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please email your CV to [email protected]
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies