We make spaces feel amazing inside through the creative application of technology, light, temperature, security, entertainment and much more, all working together, all controlled from the palm of your hand. More information can be found at http://www.ideaworks.co.uk/
This is an opportunity to work within a fast-paced R&D software team focused on smart home technology, including mobile applications, audio playback systems and IoT products. Work with a range of cutting edge technologies to provide industry leading products and services.
Having created a number of native Android applications our focus for mobile development is now on Google’s Flutter framework, we have two active applications in development and are looking for a developer to join our team. Some Android or IOS experience would be helpful but not required.
We have also recently launched two IoT products. The role would include being involved in these challenging and rewarding projects.
We offer a “Research Week” concept where one week each month is given aside to work on a challenging project, both with a long term benefit to our business but to include learning and variety to the team and developer.
Responsibility & Tasks
- Work effectively with the team to develop new and existing products and services
- Meeting sprint goals and deadlines
- Promote a professional attitude to code quality and best practice
- Take an active interest in knowledge sharing
- Efficiently document progress using our internal system
- Work directly with decision makers throughout development life-cycle
Essential: Java, Object Orientation
Preferable: Some Dart or Flutter experience, Netbeans or Intellij, Android or IOS
Useful: JUnit, Swift, Git, Jenkins