Barker Munro Recruitment, specialist insurance and financial services recruitment to the Kent markets are working with a highly respected Wealth Management business based in the Maidstone region who are looking for Paraplanner for their specialist team.
As part of this small but well versed specialist team, you will work as part of the Investments Services Team to work with the Financial Planners and help develop the Client Support Team. You will also work with Pensions, ISAs, General Investment Accounts, Investment Bonds and Trusts.
Duties and responsibilities
• Report writing and production of detailed recommendations
• Preparing and maintaining client files.
• Dealing with investment and product providers on various issues.
• Carrying out portfolio analysis.
• Using cash flow modelling to support recommendations.
• Dealing with clients in relation to queries.
• Dealing with SIPP providers and pension companies on drawdown and phased drawdown cases.
• Analysis of investment bonds, recommend and implement switches of underlying investment funds.
• Collection of all quantitative detailed information required to compile a financial plan.
• On occasions attend client meetings.
• To ensure the confidentiality of all client documentation and information.
• Other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
• Check all compliance paperwork is present.
• Confirm client risk profile is determined.
• Discuss client objectives with Financial Planner.
• Identify and obtain information necessary to compile financial cashflow forecast.
• Compile draft net worth statements; income and expenditure statements and financial cashflow forecasts using Voyant and discuss with Financial Planner.
• Prepare recommendations.
• Identify areas for planning.
• Undertake research both independently and with the Financial Planner to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
• Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by the Financial Planner.
• Liaise with clients legal and tax advisers (if applicable).
• Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client risk profile.
• Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed and signed off by the Financial Planner.
• Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
• Complete application/proposal forms.
• Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
• Make changes to clients’ investments as instructed.
• Implement the chosen investment strategies.
To be considered for the role of Paraplanner, we are ideally looking for you to be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications, skills and personal qualities - Understanding of the Financial Planning process, able to work within defined business processes, able to prioritise and plan your own workload, be detailed and accurate whilst being articulate with clients and having the ability to communicate well in both written and verbal scenarios. Good knowledge and practical experience of dealing with pension drawdown and phased drawdown cases would be a distinct advantage as would a broad knowledge of financial services. Qualifications will be supported but it would be good if you could demonstrate level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning/Regulated Financial Planning or be working towards Chartered Status and have an advanced pension qualification e.g.G60, AF3 or AF7.
In current challenging times we live in, this well-established business are thriving and looking to take you on in order to take on a large book of existing clients.
For all the latest news and jobs, follow us on Twitter @BarMunRecruit